To serve you better, we've assembled a list of our residents' most frequently asked questions. If you don't find your answer here, feel free to contact us.

Frequently Asked Questions


How long does it take to get a library card?

Our librarian will be able to supply you with a new library card the same day you apply.

Does the Library have story time for younger children

We do offer "story time" for younger children!  Give us a call if the current schedule is not posted at 406-684-5416

Town Hall

What hours is Town Hall open?

Town Hall is open from 8:30 am to 5:30 pm Monday thru Friday.  Closed for lunch from 12:30 to 1:30.

Building and Flood Permits

What is the process for getting a building permit?

Take a moment to read all required information provided. Then print and fill out the building permit application form and return the applicaton to Town Hall.  Should you have any additional questions, please feel free to give us a call or send us an email.  We will be happy to help you.

Sanitation & Recycling

Does the Town of Twin Bridges Collect Garbage?

No, individuals are required to take their own garbage to the County dump sites.

Water and Wastewater Utilities

How could I have used this much water?

You may not have. You could possibly have a leaky toilet or faucet that's difficult to detect.  The Town does mark each bill that shows on the leak report.

My bill is past due can I get an extension?

Please contact our office and a one-time extension will be extended to you for extenuating circumstances.

What do I do if I am experiencing low pressure?

Check the surrounding area for possible leaks. Next, call our office and report low pressure for your area.

Why do I have a previous balance when I know I sent in my payment?

We may have received it after the due date or we may not have received it at all. Call our office and we will help you solve the problem.

New Resident Resources

How do I sign up to receive Alerts and News & Notices?

Simply click the "Sign Up for Alerts" button located ……fill out the brief form with your preferred contact information and click submit

Where do I go to vote?

All Town elections are conducted by the Madison County Clerk and Recorders Office.  Elections are held usually at the Twin Bridges School (Montana Room). See the Elections page for any upcoming election information.