Building and Flood Permits

All new structures and additions to an existing structure require a building compliance permit.  The Town Council will review the application for the permit at their regular scheduled council meeting.  Permits shall be acquired prior to construction.  The application for the permit is attached below.

Any new construction within in the Flood Zone will require a flood permit.  Flood permits will be administered through Great West Engineering on behalf of the Town of Twin Bridges.  Attached is a copy of the permit application and the current flood map.

There is a twenty-five dollar ($25.00) fee for the application that is non-refundable and will be applied towards the cost of the permit if issued.  The rate for the permit is five dollars ($5.00) for every one hundred (100) square feet, with a minimum charge of twenty-five dolloars ($25.00).  Fees for the floodplain permit will vary depending on the permit.

Please refer to Town Ordinances for a complete description of building and construction requirements, or if you have any questions please contact Town Hall at 406-684-5243.

To obtain a permit for both residential and commercial uses, simply download the forms below or give us a call and we will be happy to provide you with the necessary forms.

Frequently Asked Questions

What is the process for getting a building permit?

Take a moment to read all required information provided. Then print and fill out the building permit application form and return the applicaton to Town Hall.  Should you have any additional questions, please feel free to give us a call or send us an email.  We will be happy to help you.

Town Shop Start of Construction